WHAT IS BEE PROPOLIS?Bee Propolis is a substance made by the honeybee that provides protection against harmful bacteria, viruses and fungi. Propolis is plant resin collected by bees for use in and around the hive. In plants it is usually the sticky coating around buds that serves to protect them from the elements of weather plus from attack by bacteria, fungi, molds, and viruses. These are properties that are useful to the bees and are enhanced by the sticky properties of the propolis beeglue. Like pollen, propolis beeglue is a bee product that cannot be clearly defined and varies from sample to sample. This is a natural outcome of the collection process. Propolis collecting bees will use resins from a large variety of tree and other plant species, and these naturally will differ in their qualitative and quantitative chemical composition. Nevertheless, different bee propolis extract samples do share considerable similarity in their physical and overall general chemical nature.Hundreds of chemical compounds have been identified from bee propolis extract. The main chemical classes present in propolis are flavonoids, phenolics, and various aromatic compounds. Bee propolis extract also contains some volatile oils, terpenes, and beeswax, but these compounds are not believed to contribute as significantly to the chemical properties and effects of propolis.Flavonoids are well-known plant compounds that have antioxidant, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-viral, and anti-inflammatory properties. Other properties of propolis beeglue include acting as a local anesthetic, reducing spasms, healing gastric ulcers, and strengthening capillaries.HOW MUCH PROPOLIS DO I TAKE?The FDA has not determined any guidelines for taking bee propolis products. It is generally recommended that you take from 1to 3 (250mg) capsules daily as a dietary supplement.WHO SHOULD NOT TAKE PROPOLIS?If you are allergic to bee stings that does not mean that you can't take Propolis. However any bee product can provoke an allergic reaction in a susceptible individual. If you experience any type of reaction we recommend you discontinue use of this product and consult a physician.
With the addition of roughage and water, the human body can survive on honey bee pollen alone. This is because it is the only food which contains, in perfect balance, all 22 known essential nutritional elements (and others yet to be identified), which humans require to achieve and maintain optimum vitality. That's why it has rightfully been called the "Ultimate Survival Pack".At least 2% of the contents of honey bee pollen has yet to be isolated and identified. For a complete listing of its known honey bee pollen nutrition ingredients, click here.In the formula found only in the beehive, the nutritional ingredients of honeybee pollen can assist and enhance the full spectrum of physiological functions.By providing the human body with all the nutritional elements it needs, and in just the right proportions, honey bee pollen allows the body's own healing and rejuvenation mechanisms to perform their normal functions of building, restoring, and maintaining and protecting every cell. In its original state, pollen is a fine powder composed of thousands of microscopic particles which are discharged from the anther of a flower, and is the male element of the plant which fertilizes like plants.There are two kinds of pollen: anemophile ("friend of the wind"), and entomophile ("friend of the insect"). The former, which causes allergic reactions like hayfever, is dispersed by the air. The latter, which is the subject of this information, is gathered by the honeybee, whose travels from flower to flower make possible the reproduction of more than 80% of the world's grains, fruits, vegetables and legumes.The individual pollen grain in encased in two protective coatings. The exine, composed of sporopollen and cellulose, is known to be acid-resistant, and has withstood temperatures in excess of 300 degrees C. Beneath this is the thinner, intine layer, which preserves oil and starch.We always recommend that anyone with any unhealthy condition or suspected sensitivity see their doctor before ingesting honeybee pollen. Bee Pollen is a known allergen. The RDA is strictly a suggestive guideline and your physician should be consulted before taking this or any other supplement.
awesome product, By: angela - See all my reviews - Permalinkafter purchaseing my oueens deight i started taking 3 of them a day and i feel grate more energy have lost weight no more aches and pains my skin and my hair feel awsome i cant believe how much better i feel its amazeing you have now got you a loyal customer.
Was this review helpful to you? Yes | NoShare this review
Great Product!!, By: gaellen - See all my reviews - PermalinkMy son has had a really hard time with medical issues over the past 6 yrs. His immune system was very comprimised due to becoming IV dependent. He suffered with a lot of canker sores and nothing we tried worked. I found this product on line and read the reviews an felt it was worth a try. After putting it on the sores they were gone in two to three days. It took him over a year for him to stop having outbreaks, but the canker rid was a God send and everytime he used it, it worked!! Hea hasn't had an out break in two years but I always have canker rid on hand, Just in case!!
Love this product, 6/2/2013 3:13:20 AMBy: Sandy from NH - See all my reviews - PermalinkI must say I started out slow with 1 tab then 2 then now up to 3 like suggested. I love this product! I feel better and I have a lot more energy . I love all the benefits this product has and I also am not having allergy symptoms, headache sneezing itchy watery eyes! I won't be without this product. Thank you!
Hair Hair to the Bee!, 4/4/2013 7:45:34 PMBy: Kimberly from FL - See all my reviews - Permalink
Keeps us buzzzzzing along, 2/12/2013By: Billy's Woman - See all my reviews - PermalinkMy husband & I just tried this for the first time and it has really been making a difference in our energy. My husband works some really long hours that vary everyday and this gives him the extra boost he needed, along with the bee pollen if he has any dip in his energy. He just goes on buzzzzzing along now. I take it less often and really enjoy the extra boost it provides. I have been Very alergic to bees and found that taking one of these every few days is fine for me & really helps. Thanks for a great product! =-)